Help Your Patients Quit: Tobacco Cessation Changes and Resources in Minnesota
This on-demand webinar will provide an update on recent changes in tobacco cessation coverage and programs available in Minnesota to help your patients quit.
- Identify recent Medicaid changes in tobacco cessation coverage that remove barriers for patients to access FDA-approved cessation medications
- Describe updates of US Preventive Services Task Force cessation recommendations related to tobacco cessation treatment
- Discuss how to engage patients in QUITPLAN Services to reduce tobacco use
- Discuss Call it Quits Referral Program for tobacco cessation
- Amanda Jansen, MPP, Senior Cessation Manager at Clearway Minnesota
- Randi B. Lachter, MPH, Senior Cessation Manager at Clearway Minnesota
- Brianna Longeway, MPH, Tobacco Treatment Coordinator at the Office of Statewide Health Improvement Initiatives
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Minnesota Medical Association and the Twin Cities Medical Society. The Minnesota Medical Association (MMA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Minnesota Medical Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The members of the faculty and planning committee for this conference have indicated that they have no relevant financial relationships to disclose related to the content of the CME activity.
The duration of this webinar is 60 minutes. Recorded August, 2016.